CitiQuiet, Taxes, and You.

CitiQuiet, Taxes, and You

Who doesn’t love the New Year? A chance at a clean slate, new beginnings and the opportunity to bury the mistakes of old as you strive to make yourself a better person.

Oh. Right. And there’s also tax season, too.

While you’re busy tracking down those last receipts and pay stubs, don’t forget to apply for the tax credits that the federal government could owe you. And if you bought CitiQuiet in 2011, that means you, too!

CitiQuiet’s Windows aren’t just Soundproof Windows–they’re energy efficient Windows as well. The installation process places a thick piece of glass six inches away from your existing Window. The result is a thick layer of insulation provided by both the glass and dead air. Much in the same way noise is blocked out through this barrier, it becomes more difficult for outside weather (at whatever extreme) to create unwanted temperature changes in your home.

As a result, you won’t need to use your air conditioner as much during the summer, and you won’t need as much heating to warm your home. That means less money spent on your energy bill – and a smaller carbon footprint. Mother Nature is happier, and so are you.

But it gets better – the government is actually paying people to take these kinds of initiatives.

For installing energy efficient Windows, doors and skylights, then you can get up to 10% of the cost, up to $500, with Windows capped at $200.

Note that there ARE several exceptions and things to keep in mind:
Offer does not apply to rentals
Offer does not apply to new construction Windows
Offer does apply to replacement Windows and interior Soundproof Windows
Windows must be Energy Star Qualified (CitiQuiet Windows meet this standard)
Not all Windows must be replaced – you can do one or more and still be eligible.
Window installations where there was not one previously also apply.
Current tax credits apply only to Windows installed or “placed in service” in 2011.

So, how do you go about getting your credit for installing energy efficient Windows? Energy Star provides a simple breakdown of the process.
Save your CitiQuiet invoice and request a manufacturer’s certification statement, which you will for your records.
Fill out IRS Form 5695 (located on the link above)
Enter the tax credit amount on line 52 of your 1040 tax form.
Submit form 5695 with your 2011 taxes.

Your upcoming tax returns should reflect what you are owed in energy efficient tax credits. If you have any questions, please consult your accountant or one of CitiQuiet’s experts.

Related POsts

LICENSE # 2006413-DCA